So, you have deleted your files intentionally or un-intentionally, in both case you want them back. How to recover permanently deleted files from google drive? We will discuss some effective ways to recover your lost Google drive files. Here are methods for How to Recover deleted files from Google Drive
- If you don’t have a backup, then you can opt for restoring them from the Trash folder. The deleted files are stored in Trash folder for 30 days after which they get automatically deleted. You can recover them either by desktop client or from a mobile application.
- You can also use facilities like G-suite. G-suite administrator will recover permanently deleted files from either Team Drive or User’s individual Google Drive Account.
- When you have a backup, you can very easily recover your deleted files. There are three ways to do that-“Recover deleted files that are backed up using Google Takeout ”, “Recover permanently deleted files using Google Vault” or “Recover deleted files from Google Drive using third-party backup tools”.
- Using takeout Backup: its another G suite application which allows you to take a backup of your Google Drive files. This backup will be available to you in the form of a zip file. Just locate the file to be recovered and right click on it and select extract all option from the menu. Log in to your Google drive and click on “+New” button, and select the option “File upload” restore files back to Google drive.
- Recovering permanently deleted files from Google Drive using Google Vault: log in to Google Vault using your admin credentials. Go to “Matters” and select a pre-existing matter. Click on search and then “Drive “and provide the email address of the user who has lost the file. Again, click on search and go to “Export results” on the menu bar to export all the files.
- You can use Third-Party backup tools to recover permanently deleted files from Google drive. If your user account has been permanently deleted, still you can recover Drive files. Third-party applications are reliable and provide a completely automated cloud to cloud backup.
See Also -